Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I am a new member and I need your help

I have heard that the next generation 86 is coming out in summer 2021

does this mean it will be at USA dealer in the summer, or does it mean it wil be finally unveiled?

that being said, do you guys know when toyota will stop taking orders for the 2020 86?

I plan on buying a brand new one in late fall or early winter this year, but im afraid toyota won't sell it anymore by then?

I will have to special order one, since the one I want to my specifications doesnt exist anywhere near me.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
38 Posts
Production for 1st Gen cars has already stopped, so no more ordering. What's in dealer stock/transport is all we get.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you sure? Is there an article where it said toyota stop taking orders?
Official articles say last cars will roll off in may, but the factory has been down for a while due to COVID19. The Gunma factory just reopened at a 25% capacity but that does not include the twins.

There is a ton of info on FT86club on this, it's a long thread but a ton of good info inside: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138241

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi @TwinDarkness11, In Japan Subaru has said that they'll stop accepting orders by July 20th, 2020. So it could be similar with the 86.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just re-read my comment and realized I wasn't clear. only half my thoughts made it through the keyboard.

Production has stopped for now, due to Covid19. Production on high volume cars (hatches, sedans, SUVs) has resumed at Gunma (where the 86 is also made) a few days ago at 25% capacity.
That's how much we know officially.

How long will it take for the low volume cars like the 86/BRZ to resume? No idea? will they extend the July 20 order deadline when they start up again? no idea. Will they start the 1st gen up again at all? No idea. Now on to the UNOFFICIAL information:

It takes all part suppliers to be up and running, delivering product to build even a single car. All suppliers have been fully or partially shut down due to Covid. When they rev back up, they will only deliver perts for high-volume, guaranteed to sell cars. There are some people very involved in the supply chain business on FT86club and they are not convinced the 86 production will start up again this year. In fact most people in the business I've talked to are betting against it. These are not official sources but I deem them reliable (they spotted facelift parts like the Brembos and Sachs dampers before they were announced, among other insider info that turned out to be correct).

We don't know for sure but I'm betting the ones we have now are all we get for 2020.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you sure? Is there an article where it said toyota stop taking orders?
I couldn't find very many in Southern CA. Considering they will be moving out, I'm surprised that the one's I've seen are still full price. This late in the game I would have thought they'd have lowered the price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts