Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited 6MT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to get a track set of wheels for a 200tw tire. Does anyone have confirmed fitment that will work on the 2022 without requiring any modification to fit?

I think ideally an 18x8.5 or 9 and have no idea on offset.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,132 Posts
Not confirmed but.......
Im hearing there is slightly less clearance in the rear on the 22. Personally, I wont go over an 8.5 width rim with a 235 tire max. +45 should give a perfect fit based on clearance and offset calculators. Anything +40-45 Should fit nice in that size.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thanks everyone. I've ordered the following - will update once they arrive and are on the car:

Konig Ampliform in Bronze: 18x8.5 +44
Falken Azenis: 235/40R18
I have been looking at those myself. Great wheel. Tire size is going to be quite tall, but should fit. Its going to raise the ride height some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personal tried 18x8.5 +45 with 235/40/18 tires would be a perfect fitment without massive camber or any body work. I also test fitted 18x9.5 +45 but you would need coilovers to fit the front and the rear would need to do some minor fender rolling and cutting, also you would need some camber around 3+ degrees.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited 6MT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wheels and tires arrived today. Car is at the shop getting CC plates, track alignment and prep done. Hope to have the car back early next week to fit the wheels and tires.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I know wheels don't technically change any of the alignment, but why not have that done when they are on? Its the perfect time to see fitment and possibly change how you want them set based on looks and clearances

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited 6MT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Simple answer is that UPS delivered them too late and the car was already dropped off at the shop.

Typically it is recommended to align with the wheels you'll be running... But I don't think it makes a significant difference.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
So the wheels I want only come is 18x8 +45 for the 5/100. I was hoping for 8.5 will .5 make a huge difference?
Depends on how wide of a tire you want to run. An 8" rim is ideal for 225-235. A 245 will fit but will have some tire bulge and possibly reduce your actual contact patch.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts