Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not sure if this is world wide but definitely great if you are planning to keep your car a long time and should help second hand values too.

·
Registered
625 Posts

Not sure if this is world wide but definitely great if you are planning to keep your car a long time and should help second hand values too.
I haven't seen an announcement from Toyota USA. I hope they do because this seems like a solid deal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You mean 5 years warranty, no? Same in Belgium and rest of Europe I believe. Gave me lots of peace of mind on my GT86. I must have saved like 500 euros in free repairs/ replacements during the first 5 years. Unbeatable compared to European manufacturers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I haven't seen an announcement from Toyota USA. I hope they do because this seems like a solid deal.
It looks like there will be no additional warranty in the US for the next 7 years (10 years in total).

"Maintenance Included & Limited Warranty

ToyotaCare is included on all 2022 GR 86 models, a no-cost plan covering normal factory-scheduled maintenance and 24-hour roadside assistance for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Toyota’s 36-month/36,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty applies to all components other than normal wear and maintenance items. Additional 60-month warranties cover the powertrain for 60,000 miles and corrosion with no mileage limitation."

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like there will be no additional warranty in the US for the next 7 years (10 years in total).

ToyotaCare is included on all 2022 GR 86 models, a no-cost plan covering normal factory-scheduled maintenance and 24-hour roadside assistance for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Toyota’s 36-month/36,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty applies to all components other than normal wear and maintenance items. Additional 60-month warranties cover the powertrain for 60,000 miles and corrosion with no mileage limitation."

Is the 3+7 warranty now available across the whole of Europe?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just purchased the 2022 GR 86 premium. It has a 36,000 mile/3 year factory warranty. For the 10 year/100,00 miles they want $3620.00 for that. Anyone found that to be worth it? It seems crazy high.

·
Registered
203 Posts
For Belgium it's 3 years, 100.000km (60k miles), extended until a maximum of 10 years 200.000km when yearly maintenance is done by a Toyota dealership. Even when you forget about it, you can still "activate" the warranty again by doing maintenance, but with a 1-month wait time.
AFAIK it's the same for whole Europe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Am contributing because I had trouble finding information on the cost of these warranties before purchase. Is my understanding the dealer has some flexibility in what they charge for these warranties. Paid $2,000 last week for this at a US dealer in the southeast for a 23 base model MT. Easy for me to justify pricing based on the fact I passed on it with the purchase of my last performance/fun car for a similar price and wished I had not. Especially easy with knowledge of the, arguably inflated, concern over strainer and oil starvation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is the best way to get a price? Will each dealer differ in pricing? Can I call me dealer and get a quote even if I haven’t received my car yet? Can the price be negotiated? May I purchase the warranty from another dealer that offers a better price or must I purchase the warranty at the same time of purchasing the car and from the same exact dealer?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Shop around like other dealerships typically they can sell it cheaper than what you get at finance guy. It is pure profit for them over the normal rate. Only thing you can't buy outside of finance is GAP, Key Protection, Paintless Dent Repair, windshield protection and Rim/Tire protection. Just make sure you get it from Toyota/Subaru and not 3rd party party companies. I was able to shop for my subaru and hondas no problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts